WordPress 3.5 has been released today for public, named for Elvin Jones. I have updated my blog too and the new polished WordPress looks smooth.
- Switch to prompt text in QuickPress to accommodate longer translated input labels
- Button styles updated throughout Dashboard to more modern, rectangular shape
- Help Text improvements throughout
- Rename the “HTML” editor tab to “Text”
- Prevent child categories from being visually promoted to the top level after Quick Edit
- Add oEmbed suport for SoundCloud.com, SlideShare.net, and Instagram.com
- New Media Manager: Insert multiple galleries per post and independently order images
- Add visible focus within admin screens for better accessibility.
- Add “Skip to content” link to all screens in the admin.
- Add “Skip to toolbar” accessibility shortcut in the admin.
- Add ability to log out of user account without mouse input.
- Add “tab out” of the plugins and themes editors textareas.
- Link Manager is hidden for new installs and for any existing installs that have no links (all sites with existing links are left as is). This can be restored with Link Manager Plugin
- Display links in widget if no link categories
- Widgets menu is hidden if your theme hasn’t defined any sidebars
- Improve display of available custom headers with jQuery Masonry
- Display name defaults to first name and last name for new users
- Force the user to explicitly choose between content deletion and reassignment when deleting users
- Multisite installs now work with WordPress in a subdirectory
- Turn off ms-files.php by default
- File quotas disabled by default on new installs